Presentation Slides - Gilbert Bennett and Nancy Parsons Heath
Project Rivers brings together the resources of Schoolnet, STEM~Net, Cable Atlantic,
Environmental Groups, teachers and students, to provide the basis
of classroom projects that will use the latest in communication
technology to help classes appreciate and preserve our watersheds.
- started as a STELLAR Schools Project.
- will now be a national project within the RINGS model.
- will involve several RINGS based on the technologies available
in the individual schools.
Three Levels of Projects
- STELLAR Schools will participate through a high speed connection
that will allow the transfer of sound and video clips.
- All schools in Newfoundland will participate through the web
- Other schools will be able to participate through e-mail.
The Project Rivers web page will serve as the information center
for the project and will allow the students to publish their data
and other information.
Please visit the Project Rivers Web Site. It will continue to grow as the project progresses.